Finding Cheap Hotels in New York CityDo you want to experience the best of New York City, but you're worried you can't afford the overnight stay? You can relax because the Big Apple is actually home to hundreds of inexpensive hotels and hostels perfectly suited for any budget. Reserve a few nights at a comfortable family-friendly hotel, or if you're flying solo or traveling with friends, try out a local hostel for a return to the college dormitory lifestyle. Either way, you can experience New York City and still have money left in the bank when you leave. Use this guide for finding cheap hotels in New York City as a starting point for planning your trip to the Big Apple.
Cheap Family Hotels in New York City
* The Chelsea Savoy Hotel - One of the newer hotels in the big city, the Chelsea Savoy Hotel offers everything necessary for a memorable visit to New York. From the included Continental breakfast to wireless Internet access, the Chelsea has your best interests in mind. To top it all off, quad rooms are available which are designed to fit up to four guests, making the Chelsea an ideal place to stay for the entire family visiting New York together. The comfortable rooms range from $145 to $225 per night.
* The Ramada Plaza New Yorker - Situated in Midtown West, the New Yorker offers the experience of New York with the trusted quality of Ramada services and accommodations. Each of the 857 rooms in this New York hotel offers a stunning view of the Manhattan skyline and pets are welcome. The Ramada Plaza New Yorker offers quality and comfort with reasonable room rates starting at $99 per night.
* The Larchmont Hotel - The classic European styling of the Larchmont Hotel will impress you with its simplicity and grace. Not overly stimulating like some hotels, the Larchmont is all about your needs. Clean, comfortable rooms, a Continental breakfast, full baths down the hall and a friendly, courteous staff are the essentials to a great night's rest and the Larchmont delivers it all in style. Enjoy a friendly stay in the West Village for only $70 to $125 per night.
Staying in New York City on the Cheap - Hostels
Finding a cheap hotel can be the first element of how to do New York City on a budget. Hostels are similar to hotels, but they have more dormitory-style or community-based accommodations. Many of the rooms feature bunk beds and the showers are almost always shared. While it's not the ideal accommodations for a family, adventure seeking solo travelers, or a group of friends touring New York City together can save a lot of money and have an interesting time staying at a hostel in New York City. Plus, you may make some new friends along the way!
* The American Dream Hostel - This family owned and operated hostel provides a clean, safe and friendly environment to set your backpack down for the night. With their impeccable dedication to their guests, the owner and staff go out of their way to make every visitor feel comfortable and happy. For only $40 to $148 per night, you can enjoy a night's rest and a tasty morning breakfast. Private rooms are available.
* The Chelsea Center Hostel - This friendly hostel makes a great place to stop and catch up on some much needed rest as you traverse New York City. With two different locations, one on West 29th Street and the other in the Lower East Side, the Chelsea Center Hostel is there where you need it most. A comfortable and safe place to rest your weary bones, the friendly staff offers personalized service and an included breakfast gets you going in the morning. Enjoy the small garden where you can reflect on your thoughts and really soak in the experience of visiting New York City. All this is for only $30 a night.
These are just a few samples of the cheap hotels scattered throughout New York City. By saving your money on accommodations, you'll inevitably have more to spend on New York restaurants. Now that you know it's possible to visit the Big Apple and stay in a comfortable room without breaking the bank, what are you waiting for? Start planning that trip to New York City, take in all this wonderful town has to offer, and save some money doing it!