How To Do Dubai On A BudgetLuxurious seven-star hotels, 24-hour butler service, Rolls Royce limousines. That's what society's elite can expect when they visit the modern-day utopia of Dubai. For the rest of us, we'll just be happy with a clean, comfortable room and a nice hot meal. Seriously though, you can live like a king on your Dubai vacation even if you're not a member of high society - if you know how to plan your vacation, that is.
Doing some research and really understanding your vacation's potential will play a large role in how you plan your trip. You see, in Dubai, it's hard not to be awash in luxury, regardless of your hotel or your dinner reservations, but by all means, traveling within your budget will make a much more rewarding vacation and allow you to relax while you're away. If you need to find out how to do Dubai on a budget, then please, continue reading.
The Best Of Dubai On A Budget - Your Flight
Finding the best rates on flights to Dubai may mean you'll have to get those fingers limbered up. The Internet is the ideal resource for booking a cheap flight to Dubai, but you may have to do some comparing before you finally book one. You can save additional money if you're able to plan for a departure in the middle of the week, during a less busy travel day.
The Best Of Dubai On A Budget - Your Hotel
In Dubai, you may automatically assume that every hotel costs a month's salary for a night's stay. That's untrue. Many affordable Dubai hotels offer the utmost in luxury and hospitality. Some fine hotels you may want to look into are:
* The Gulf Pearl Hotel - Rates are around $71 per night. You’re only minutes away from the airport and within walking distance of many of Dubai's shopping and cultural wonders.
* The New Peninsula Hotel - Rates around $99 per night. Enjoy comfortable rooms and only you’re only 10 minutes away from the beaches of Dubai. This one is also located in the heart of the shopping district.
* The Pacific Hotel - A double room costs $80 per night. Your room features a balcony that overlooks the stunning city and offers an idealistic setting for an after dinner cup of coffee. Located in Diera's main electronics and textile market, you're only minutes away from the Twin Towers Mall, the Dubai Creek, the Gold Souk and the Dubai Museum.
The Best Of Dubai On A Budget - Dining
You can eat like a sultan in the city of Dubai for less than you would have imagined. The local delicacy, Shwarma (delicious seasoned meat and vegetables on a pita with dressing), is available for only about 80 cents. The deluxe version climbs up to $1.30 for a tasty treat. Many American fast food chains have staked a claim in the Dubai food industry, but you can get delicious regional cuisine for about the same money. Here are some budget conscious restaurants in Dubai.
* Karachi Darbar – Scattered throughout the city, this is a chain of Eastern restaurants serves delicious food for minimal money.
* Jabal Al Noor - Another Eastern chain restaurant serving regional fast food. It's different, delicious and dirt-cheap!
* Toscana - Moderately priced Italian food that's as authentically Italian as Tuscany. Perfect for when you want something different.
* Wafi Gourmet - Impressive Lebanese cuisine and ambiance to match.
The Best Of Dubai On A Budget - Things To Do
Of course, the whole reason you came to Dubai in the first place - the experiences! As far as prices go, there's no way you can beat the cost of the beach, it's free! And it so happens to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, thanks in part to its pure white crushed seashell shoreline. Some other inexpensive experiences include:
* Shopping in Dubai - While it certainly costs money to shop, you can do much more of it in Dubai thanks to its duty-free shops and bargains. Haggle with a salesman in the Souks to find the best deals! Also be sure to inquire about the famous Dubai shopping festivals.
* Hot Air Balloon - This is an inexpensive way to spend the afternoon and it provides numerous opportunities for photos and memories. If you think Dubai is impressive from street level, wait until you see it from up top!
* Wild Wadi - This adventurous water park is the ideal way for the family to beat the heat! Incredible rides and water surfing provide day-long enjoyment on an inexpensive ticket.
Making The Best Of Dubai On A Budget
With the infinite possibilities of Dubai, we've just scratched the surface here. Regardless if you have to plan your Dubai vacation on a budget or not, a trip to Dubai is still going to far surpass any other vacation you've every experienced in your life! As with everything in life, planning your Dubai trip to match your budget will bring you maximum satisfaction at the minimum cost.