Where to Stay in New York CityA trip to New York City will stay with you forever. Once you've been, the city will call for your return until you are helpless to do so. The city itself is a smorgasbord of activity both day and night and you may find yourself sleep deprived trying to take it all in. But, on those nights when you just can't take anymore excitement and you need a place to rest your head, where should you stay?
New York City is home to thousands of accommodations for the weary and over-stimulated guest. Whether you spent the day touring the city's world-famous museums or people watching the day away in Central Park, there's nothing like having a clean and comfortable place to take your shoes off in the evening. While New York City is home to some of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in the world, it also offers a wide range of mid-priced rooms and less expensive hostels for the adventure seeker on a budget. So, no matter what your New York City travel budget, there is definitely a room for you.
High-End Places to Stay in New York City
* The Hotel Plaza Athenee - Perfectly situated on the Upper East Side, the Hotel Plaza Athenee offers the guest impeccable accommodations along with the convenience of being close to fabulous shopping on Madison Avenue, a number of historic museums and the natural splendor of Central Park. With 149 guest rooms and suites, ranging from $500 to $3600 per night, this hotel's luxurious accents and gracious hospitality have garnered plenty of recognition. The hotel's award-winning dining, a robust selection of amenities and its elegant atmosphere make it the ideal place to stay for the businessperson in town for a convention or the couple looking to experience New York City to the max.
* The Four Seasons Hotel - If there's one hotel chain in the world where luxury comes standard, it's the Four Seasons. The flawless service, the indulgent rooms and the copious amenities are what helps land the Four Seasons Hotel at the top of hotel lists all over the world. Experience the feeling of walking in off of New York City's bustling East 57th Street into an inner sanctum where the picture of calmness and serenity is always available. Every one of the 364 rooms comes with a view to remember. Room rates range from $450 to $2100 per night. Enjoy world-class luxury in a first-class city.
Mid-Range Places to Stay in New York City
* The Cosmopolitan Hotel - Located in the heart of Tribeca, this recently renovated hotel offers comfort, class and convenience for $129 to $159 per night. Catch a glimpse of your favorite movie star during the Tribeca Film Festival or take in some of the best of what Downtown has to offer. Plus, the subway is nearby for a quick trip down to Midtown or Times Square.
* The Milburn - This hotel is the pride of the Upper West Side, just seconds from Broadway. The classic-looking Milburn hotel is situated on West 76th Street and you may be surprised at how quiet this section of New York City is. This family-friendly getaway provides exceptional comfort and the rooms are nicely priced from $129 to $245 per night. Critics laud The Milburn as one of the best hotel deals in the city, and its guests couldn't agree more.
Budget-Conscious Places to Stay in New York City
* The Big Apple Hostel - You can't get a better deal than the Big Apple Hostel. For only $30 to $80 per night, you are conveniently situated right in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Only minutes away by foot from Rockefeller Plaza, the Empire State Building and Central Park, you can have the best of NYC on a budget. Big Apple Hostel offers dormitory-style accommodations and shared showers.
* Central Park Hostel - Need a place to crash for the night? The Central Park Hostel has the bed and the prices for the budget-minded tourist visiting the city. For only $26 to $36 a night, you can sleep off the effects of last night's adventure, wake up, shower and do it all over again! This NYC hostel offers dormitory-style accommodations nicely located right near Central Park on 103rd Street.
These are just a few of the hundreds of places to stay in New York City. As you can see, New York hotels are there to welcome every type of guest, from affluent businesspersons to families enjoying a rewarding vacation to adventuresome college co-eds looking for a life-changing experience. Plan a flight to New York and see why it's hailed as the World's City, and stay at some of the world's best accommodations while you're there!